SEAD believes you have a fundamental right to privacy on the web, and we work to protect your security online as vigorously as possible.
We have developed the following policy to help you understand how your personal information will be treated as you engage with us both on and off-line. Our policy reflects our duties under the Data Protection Act to use information fairly, keep it secure, make sure it is accurate, and keep it up to date. This policy may change from time to time so please check back periodically.
This policy will let you know:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you
- How your information is used
- Who is collecting your information
- With whom your information may be shared
- What choices are available to you regarding collection, use, and distribution of your information
- How you can access, update or delete your information
- How SEAD treats your personal information
- The kind of security precautions that are in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of your information
1. What personally identifiable information does SEAD collect from me?
We collect only information which you give to us via email, the various forms on the website, or information voluntarily given to us via telephone or postal mail. Some information is gathered when you join, make a donation, complete a cyber action or sign up to receive email updates. During these processes, the only information required is your name, address, phone, email (and payment method for joining or donating); although we may request other information such as your principal area(s) of interest in order to be able to provide you with a more personalised web service.
2. How does SEAD use my information?
SEAD uses the information we collect about you to help us with understanding more about how our site is used and to be able to send you communications that may be of interest to you, either electronically or otherwise.
3. Who is collecting your information?
When you are on the SEAD website and are asked for personal information, you are sharing that information with SEAD alone unless stated otherwise. For example, when you are using our secure online donation pages you are going through to a partner company [XXXX ENTER NAME OF PARTNER COMPANY]]] and it is clear on the donation page when you are going through to the PARTNER site.
4. With whom does SEAD share your information?
As a general rule, SEAD will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information, except when we have your permission or under special circumstances, such as when we believe in good faith that the law requires it. When you are using our secure online donation pages you are going through to a partner company and the information you give such as your credit card number and contact information is provided so that the transaction can take place.
5. What are my choices regarding, collection, use and distribution of my information?
If you indicated that you are interested in receiving regular information about SEAD’s campaign work we will send you communications regarding SEAD’s work and activities, either electronically or otherwise. In addition, we may send you direct mail that we feel may be of interest to you.
SEAD does not sell, rent or share user information with anyone. We may on occasion work with 3rd parties (for example freelance consultants working on a particular project) to contact our supporters about SEAD, however the 3rd party would be bound by a confidentiality agreement which would prevent them from using this information for any other purpose.
If you unsubscribe from our e-bulletin, you will be removed from the database relating to the e-bulletin immediately.
6. What is SEAD’s policy on allowing me to update, correct, or delete my personally identifiable information?
The accuracy of your individual identifying information is important to SEAD. If you change email address or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email or write to us with the details.
7. How does SEAD protect my personal identifiable information?
SEAD is committed to taking reasonable steps to protect the individual identifying information that you provide to us.
8. What security precautions are in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of my information?
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, SEAD cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.