Volunteer with SEAD – Garment Industry Volunteers Needed!
Posted by Jeni on 9 February 2015
Scottish Education and Action for Development (SEAD) are looking to recruit volunteers to help with our Action for Clothing with Dignity Campaign.
If you are interested in helping us organise local campaign events, in raising awareness in Scotland about the international garment industry and are interested in human rights, labour and sustainable fashion and would like to expand your volunteering skills, this is the ideal role for you!
You will be able to…
- Organise a series of events within your local community. These might be workshops, campaigns, fund raising activities.
- Develop your campaign skills and knowledge of the key campaign issues such as, living wage, the ready-made garment industry, human rights & business, and factory safety issues.
- Develop your blogging and online organisational skills through processes such as letter writing, writing regular updates for our blogs, and contribution to campaign planning
- Attend a one-day training workshop – details below
- Motivate action by engaging with people throughout the community
We are holding our one-day workshop to introduce you our campaign which will be held on Saturday 7th of March 2015, from 11am – 4pm
The workshop will include:
- An introduction to SEAD
- An introduction to the Ready-Made Garment Industry
- Specific information related to our Rana Plaza and Tazreen campaigns
- Further information about the volunteer role
- A chance to meet other volunteers who are interested in the campaign and to start building a network
Ideally, volunteers will be available to help with our work around the second Rana Plaza anniversary in April 2015
If you are interested in the volunteer role you may also be interested in our film event on the 25th Feb